Company Name: Fugro
Job Number: CAD Operator – office based, Cape Town
Level: VMBO (ONC)
apply before: 1 Apr 2014
Fugro Survey Africa (Pty) Ltd is part of the Fugro Group and employs staff in several countries. Fugro Survey is a dynamic company, specialised in hydrographic and marine surveys. Projects are carried out for clients in the oil and gas industry, construction and dredging companies. Main services provided are positioning of rigs and vessels, and collection and interpretation of offshore survey data using acoustic equipment. Fugro Survey operate the dedicated survey vessel Geo Endeavour. Operations are executed mainly in frontier areas in Africa under challenging conditions. Fugro Survey is part of a business unit which includes offices in Leidschendam, Paris, Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Congo, Angola and South Africa.
Data Centre – Operations
Purpose of the role:
Communicating data within all activities of map making using both CAD and GIS software and associated geospatial databases. Preparing various scaled products in the form of conventional maps as well as digital data. GIS and digital mapping dominate the work. To ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism in accordance with the company Integrated Management System and project specific documentation.
1. To ensure that all activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
2. Prepares and modifies CAD data
3. Prepares and modifies Geophysical projects, and/or manipulates data formats, based on information from disparate sources maintaining and outputting digital geographic data
4. Prepares other computer graphics and other digital media products
5. Processes data in accordance with inspection data workflow using bespoke Fugro software
6. Undertakes quality control activities
7. Get involved with data processing when required
8. Liaises with Fugro colleagues and subcontractors as required
9. Uses department ICT systems
10. Undertakes department admin tasks as required
11. Ensures data security and integrity
12. Maintains a clean, tidy and safe working environment (high regard for Health, Safety and Environment)
· Relevant Diploma (no short courses) in CAD or Draughting
· 3-5 years relevant AutoCAD work experience
· Min. 2 years experience in survey (marine/hydrographic/offshore) industry.
· Must be able to work independently, completing project drawings to the Fugro standards as agreed with clients
· Excellent planning skills and attention to detail.
· Experience in design, drawing and planning of systems
· Conversant with software in use (e.g. AutoCAD; Microstation).
· English language.
· Residing in Cape Town, or willing to relocate at own cost
· South African citizen
what we offer:
Pension scheme and medical aid contribution.
· Challenging and varied job in a multi-cultural international company
· Dynamic and informal working atmosphere
· Opportunity for personal and career development
· Comprehensive worldwide training infrastructure available.
Contact person: A Valentine
Please send CV’s (with work references) + recent payslip + qualification
We regret that not all applicants will be interviewed. Should you not hear from us within 1 week of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
How to apply:
Go here to apply.