Company Name: Hollard
Job Title: Broker Consultant – (HBM) – Johannesburg Branch
Hello… an exciting new opportunity has just come available in our Insurance area. Ordinarily we’d simply say we’re looking for a Broker Consultant – (HBM) – Johannesburg Branch.
We have a job opportunity for a Broker Consultant within the Hollard Broker Markets Divison based in Johannesburg – Parktown.
• Develop and maintain effective new business relationships with brokers in order to attract develop and retain profitable business
• Quickly establish strong broker relationships, aggressively develop new broker relations and show sound understanding of broker needs.
• Interpret, explain and effectively market all products and services in collaboration with the centres of excellence.
• Process all sales transactions assigned, within the set standards required by the company thus contributing to the productivity of the branch.
• Contribute to the growth and profitability of the Branch and Hollard.
• Ensure all technical aspects of administrative functions within the department are adhered to.
• Enhance the image of the company through the continuous delivery of efficient and effective customer service.
• Good knowledge of commercial and industrial short term insurance including:
o Product knowledge
o Insurance terminology
o Rating principles
o Risk assessment knowledge
o Market knowledge (including competitors)
o Underwriting procedure
o Credit Control
o Claims procedure
o Reinsurance market, reinsurance and treaties
• FAIS and RE compliance
• Self management skills (can organize work space, time…)
• Good communication skills (including writing and presentation skills)
• Negotiation skills (internal & external)
• Sales and marketing skills
• Relationship management skills (have the right approach with the right people)
• Analysis and interpretation of data pertaining to assigned books, reports and market conditions
• Demonstrate common sense, self motivation and discipline
• Well presented / representative of Hollard’s image
• Visibly demonstrate the Hollard values
• Visibly assisting Hollard being the best business insurer
• Good knowledge of MS Office – Intermediate level (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Own transport, with valid driver’s license
• Career orientated
• Knowledge of the Core Business System
• Ability to work overtime and attend functions to entertain brokers and/or agents, when needed
• Be open to relocation within the national branch network
• Develop and maintain effective new business relationships with brokers in order to attract develop and retain profitable business.
• Sales and Marketing: Develop relationships with existing and new brokers. Obtain new business from brokers. Manage growth, including organic growth. Sell Hollard products to brokers and/or agents using consultative selling techniques. Contribute to effective marketing of the Company products by answering questions, resolve problems on topics such as policy status, billing, etc, and explaining new or revised products and processes. Make presentations to national brokers and/or agents.
• Account Management: Meet goals for volume and value of quality new business quoted and written within company guidelines. Recommend or implement changes to improve productivity, profitability, growth and the quality of assigned book of business. Service, grow and maintain renewal policies. Confirm rating and cover on endorsements requested. Review segment profit/growth results and trends to recommend and implement action plans to produce profitable underwriting results. Ensure that all premiums are received and up to date on all accounts in portfolio. In collaboration with credit control review and discuss all outstanding premiums and arrears with Brokers on a monthly basis.
• Risk Management: Credit control procedures, loss ratios, broker/agent agreements, ensure compliance with rating, underwriting principles and reinsurance. Ensure reinsurance is in place, where applicable.
• Underwriting/Risk Analysis: Analyze qualitative and quantitative data prepared by brokers to provide approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage and price. Recommend creative alternatives in regards to rating plans, coverage and payment plans. Decline unsuitable risks
• Relationship Management: Interact frequently with brokers and/or agents. Build effective relationships internally so that our broker’s expectations are exceeded.
• Customer service: Provide timely and professional customer service to stakeholders.
• Networking: Identify prospective customers using established lead methods.
• Effective communication: Communicate as needed with stakeholders to obtain information needed to complete screening and transactions, etc.
• Reporting: Produce monthly reports detailing sales trends.
• Quality control: Quality standards to be adhered to at all times.
• Innovation: Participate with senior management in initiatives around product development, processes, policy and strategy.
• Continuous Process Improvement and Compliance: Adhere to and maintain standards pertaining to sales processes and recommend improvements.
• Recordkeeping: Documents, registers, e-mails etc to be kept up to date at all times.
• Employee Growth: Take responsibility for your own career growth and have regular discussions with relevant role players.
• General: When required perform any other duties necessary for the operational effectiveness of the company that is within your ability and scope
“Applications for this role will be considered in line with our transformation objectives in line with our Employment Equity Plan.”
How to apply:
Go here to apply.