Company Name: Diplomatic Mission to South Africa
Job Title: Electrician (Class 1)
The U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg is seeking an individual for the position of Electrician in the Facility Management Office.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST ADDRESS EACH SELECTION CRITERION DETAILED BELOW WITH SPECIFIC AND COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION SUPPORTING EACH ITEM. Items 1- 5 are ALL REQUIRED
– Completion of secondary school grade 12 (standard 10) is required.
– N-3 certificate and three years’ electrical apprenticeship including completion of trades test exam is required.
– Wireman’s license is required.
2. Work Experience:
– Minimum 5 years’ experience (excluding apprenticeship) maintaining the systems and equipment found in residential and commercial buildings, generator maintenance experience up to 1 megawatt and making repairs down to the component level is req uired.
– English level IV (fluent) in reading, writing and speaking is required. (This will be tested)
– Ability to read/interpret electrical and control schematics is required.
– Knowledge of local laws and regulations governing the electrical trade is required.
– A solid working knowledge of UPS systems, genset operations, transfer switches, DC voltage, main switchgear unit, power distribution, computerized controls, PLC controls, and high tension voltage is required.
– Familiarity with maintaining and servicing PLCs, ACBs, MCCBs and motor control units is required.
5. Skills and Abilities:
– Incumbent must have a valid Code 8 Driver’s License.
– Ability to trouble shoot and repair electrical circuits down to the component level.
– Ability to safely use all hand power tools associated with the electrical trade.
– Ability to use tact and courtesy when dealing with embassy staff, colleagues, vendors and others whom they come in contact with during the discharge of their duties.
– Other tests may be administered if necessary.
Basic Function and Major Duties of the Position:
The incumbent will troubleshoot, diagnose, repair/replace and perform scheduled preventative maintenance on all electrical systems, equipment and appliances found in residential and office buildings. The incumbent should have the ability to make repairs in complex electrical systems and equipment including UPS, Emergency Generators and computerized equipment interfaces. The incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned.
Ordinarily Resident: FSN-6 (ERR)
Basic Salary: R205,700 – R287,980 per annum
Cash Benefits: R71,858 – R78,187 per annum
Non-cash benefits include medical, pension, and others where applicable
SALARY LEVEL WILL BE BASED ON PRIOR JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE AND SALARY HISTORY.
How to apply:
Go here to apply.